In eating disorder recovery it’s very popular to follow structured eating plan to achieve full recovery. To eat regular balanced measl is great and sounds very logical, but does it work for everybody and is there other ways to recover? In today’s video I give you my thoughts on structured eating and meal plans for recovery and what is my experience.
Some of the basics of structured eating are:
- Eat every 2-3 hours.
- 3 Main meals, 2-3 snacks in between. Or 6 small meals.
- Eat a balance of protein, carbs and fats. A balanced healthy meal.
- Mechanical eating. Meaning, eating weather or not you are hungry or full.
- In the beginning, stick to safe foods.
- Plan your meals beforehand. For example, the evening before.
- Stick to the structured eating plan throughout your recovery, later intuitive eating is introduced.
There is nothing wrong with structured eating as long as it helps you to recover and get better. Everybody is different and need to find what works and makes sense to them. However, if you have tried structured eating and feel it is not working then I also want to give you my example of how I recovered without structured eating.
2 thoughts on “My Thoughts About Structured Eating & Meal Plans For Recovery”
Thank You and keep up what you do. 🙂
thank you! <3