In today’s post, I will talk about journaling and give you some practical tips on what to write about in order to keep making daily progress in your recovery!
Personally, for me, journaling was almost like a form of therapy. A way to express anything that was on my mind and to put it out on paper, instead of keeping it in, feeling overwhelmed and stuck.
Journaling was a great tool for daily self-reflection and for a more positive mental focus.
It helped me process what I was experiencing and see it from a more objective view so I could help myself keep moving forward.
Benefits of daily journaling in recovery:
- Keep track and record your recovery progress
- Learn and grow from your experiences, get unstuck!
- Set and achieve your recovery goals
- Develop a more positive mindset and focus
- De-stress and healthy coping
- Rewire your brain
- …and much more!
As you can see there are so many benefits of journaling and it can be a very powerful, yet simple tool to help you in your recovery.
So in this video, I will give you some examples of how to use journaling for recovery success, how to set a journaling morning-, night-, and day routine, how to use it for making positive mental changes and to rewire your brain!
Here are the timestamps for each section of the video:
- 0:00 – Start
- 0:05 – Introduction
- 1:05 – Journaling morning routine
- 1:56 – List of gratitude
- 4:15 – Affirmations
- 6:30 – Law of Attraction
- 8:52 – Scripting
- 10:04 – Intention for the day
- 11:14 – Night routine
- 11:59 – Daily self-reflection
- 15:40 – Visualisation
- 16:22 – Your vision of full recovery
- 19:05 – Daytime routine – reframing ED thoughts
- 22:20 – How to identify ED thoughts
- 23:15 – Rewiring the brain
- 24:57 – Ending
- 25:57 – Outro
Body neutrality: https://youtu.be/4L8lvJCR4z0
6 Steps To Full Eating Disorder Recovery Using The LAW OF ATTRACTION https://youtu.be/JzlinrffG4w
Your Ideal Vision Of Full Recovery ♥ Law of Attraction https://youtu.be/E825VScxbpI
What You FOCUS On You Will ATTRACT! https://youtu.be/GyVau8lAra0
Need more help with your recovery?
If you wish to work with me one one one, then I offer 12-Week Recovery Coaching where I can help you go through your recovery step by step and offer support and accountability. Read more and apply HERE.